Thursday, November 11, 2010

time

Jess, called me at the hospital. He told me he needed to talk to me. It was important, but it couldn't be over the phone. He needed to see me in person.

I told him I would be home over the holidays.

"It can't wait", he said. "Maybe I should fly in for the weekend".

I wasn't sure how to respond. My mind raced.

I told him I had a patient and that I would have to call him later. I knew what he wanted and for the first time my answer wasn't automatically "no".

That night I thought a lot about him.

I called him the next day. He was in a meeting.

"I'll call you back", he told me.

My heart sank. I told myself I was overreacting but then he didn't call.

I texted him the next day.

"Did you forget about me?"

"I could never forget about you", came his response moments later. "I just need time to think".

No comments:

Post a Comment